By default, Metamask supports the Ethereum mainnet and some testnets. In order to use Metamask with dapps running on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC), we need to add this network manually to MetaMask. This article provides instructions to do so.
Adding a New Network
- Open Metamask
- Click on your user icon on the top right
- Click "Settings"
- Click "Networks"
- Click "Add Network" at the bottom
BSC Network Details
- Network Name: BSC Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- Chain ID: 56 (0x38 if that does not work)
- Currency Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com/
Click "Save" and you are done. Now when you want to use a dapp on BSC, make sure the "BSC Mainnet" network is selected on the network dropdown on the top part of the main view of Metamask.